0



DIY | out this helpful blog post about what to look for when sourcing a pallet. You want to find one that is heat-treated (HT stamp), not MB! this video, I walk you through the steps for creating a vertical pallet herb garden. Originally, I thought I’d fill it with sedum and succulents because you know how I feel about those. But then, after a bit of research and thought, I decided to go with herbal edibles. Succulents are pretty low maintenance and are beautiful for sure, but they would make this project even more expensive than it already is. Rather than using just plain potting soil, you’d need succulent/cactus potting mix, which adds up, especially with this quantity. And buying all the succulents to fill the space is another investment entirely. Besides that, edibles are really my thing and perennial herbs are also low maintenance and beautiful. And I can eat them too! Bonus!Now since I don’t technically know where this pallet has been or how it has been treated or fumigated, I may not actually eat the herbs I’ve planted in it. But then again, maybe I’ll live on the edge and put a few of those chocolate mint leaves into my next mojito after necessities:1 clean palletweed cloth fabric (look for the thick fabric kind rather than the black, stretchy kind)about 2 large bags of potting soil28 starts (4 inch pots), preferably perennial herbs or ground covera heavy duty stapler and staplesThe plants:Creeping Golden Marjoram (Origanum vulgare)Marjoram Miniature (Origanum onites)Marjoram Golden Upright (Origanum majorana)Chocolate MintCrinkle Leaf Oregano (Origanum onites aureum)Common Oregano (Origanum vulgare)Beach/Sand Strawberry (Fragaria chiloensis)Lipstick Strawberry (Fragaria “lipstick’) | Video tube



DIY | How to Plant a Pallet Garden | Video tube

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

 
Top