0



DIY | Upgrade from my first video: a 1 quadrant PWM motor controller, made from IGBTs instead of MOSFETs. Also, the upgraded motor – both for my go-kart my blog at people asking for schematics – for now I won’t provide one, maybe when I have “s really simple. Two «single» IGBTs – one used as a switch, which connects Motor- to Battery-; the other as a freewheeling diode from Motor+ to Motor-. An IGBT snubber (blue) across the switching IGBT – just a 600V cap, there are more complicated ones but you have to choose those more carefully. A capacitor bank across Battery+ and Battery- made with electrolytics (30mF) and polypropylene (5uF) and one $12 MLC ceramic cap (designed for switching power supply). Get yourself an IGBT driver, but I used a MOSFET driver instead – takes 5V PWM from microcontroller and outputs huge currents to quickly charge/discharge the IGBT 0 to 15V. (really should be -5 to 15V but I was lazy)All the high current paths must be low inductance. Notice the amount of copper I used!Oh, lastly connect Motor+ to Battery+ to complete the circuit. So, when IGBT is ON, current flows B+ to M+, through motor to M-, through switching IGBT to B-. When IGBT is off, the current flows from M- through freewheeling diode to M+. As in, it continues to flow through the motor in its original direction through the motor from M+ to M- because of its inductance (and possibly because it’s generating too).Use this thread for learning: #post78198 | Video tube



DIY | DIY IGBT Motor Controller | Video tube

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

 
Top